Electronic Service Solutions is seeking qualified and experienced E9-1-1 technicians to install, troubleshoot, repair, align, and maintain E9-1-1 communication systems in the NY and NJ areas.
The E9-1-1 technician must be able to install, optimize, program, troubleshoot and repair E9-1-1 and associated communications equipment & systems such as Plant Equipment, Cassidian, Airbus-DS and Positron. Successful candidates will be motivated, customer service oriented, and professional in appearance.
• Install, repair, and provide technical support for E9-1-1 systems.
• Install, terminate and test voice and network cabling.
• Set up, configure and use test equipment to troubleshoot and repair systems.
• Diagnose and repair mission critical E9-1-1 system components.
• Attend factory training sessions to maintain technical competence.
• Interface with telephone companies and vendors to oversee system problem resolution.
• Work directly with management and customers to determine urgency, deadlines, and timelines.
• Technicians are required to be part of the paid On-Call schedule plus overtime.
• Minimum of 3 years of hands on experience in the field of E9-1-1 communications systems.
• Associate’s degree (AS/AA) or technical training in the areas of electronics, computers, networking, RF or equivalent work experience (OJT).
• Intermediate knowledge of test equipment such as Transmission Impairment Measurement Sets, signal generators, protocol analyzers, digital multimeters and LAN testers.
• Intermediate computer and networking skills.
• Clean driver record and valid driver’s license.
• Must be able to pass a background check and drug screen.
ESS offers very competitive compensation packages including company vehicle and benefits such as medical, dental, life, disability, 401(k), and financial planning. Ongoing training and certification opportunities for the right candidates.