It would be best to bring a set of floor plan drawings of your building, subterranean through rooftop levels, to the meeting. This will enable the AHJ to understand the mission critical areas: stairwells, mechanical and electrical rooms, rooftop, etc.
Information to be gathered at the meeting should include:
- Police, Fire, EMS, and OEM agencies that would respond
- Input and output frequencies of each agency
- Dedicated mutual aid / interoperability frequency
- Location of main radio tower: latitude, longitude, height
- Effective radiated power of each agency’s transmitter
- Building and Fire Codes that will be referenced for the PS-DAS design, implementation, system test and acceptance
- ICC / IFC
- State, county, and local codes
- PS-DAS system monitoring and alarm requirements
- Special requirements, e.g. plenum rated cables in EMT conduit, battery back-up, etc.
- Radio officer or point of contact within the AHJ
With this information, you are now ready to contact ESS and begin a radio site survey and the PS-DAS design.