Electronic Service Solutions is seeking qualified and experienced Senior Technicians to install, troubleshoot, repair, align, and maintain communication systems in the NY Metropolitan Area.
The Senior Radio Technician must be able to design, program, install, optimize, maintain, troubleshoot and repair two-way radio and associated communications equipment & systems including dispatch consoles, PTP, networking, voice logging, and E911 communication equipment. Successful candidates will be motivated, customer service oriented, and professional in appearance.
• Install, repair, and provide technical support for VHF/UHF/700/800/900 Analog and Digital systems including: Conventional, Simulcast, Trunking, Dispatch Consoles, Paging infrastructure, PTP/microwave systems, antenna systems, power systems, grounding systems, public address systems, networking, and subscribers (mobiles and portables).
• Install, prepare, run, terminate, and test coax and network cabling.
• Test, tune, and align duplexers, pre-selectors, repeaters, base stations, mobiles, and portables.
• Set up, configure, and use complex test equipment to align, maintain, and repair systems.
• Troubleshoot, diagnose, and repair complex communication systems.
• Work directly with management and customers to determine urgency, deadlines, and timelines.
• Technicians are required to be part of the paid On-Call schedule plus overtime.
• Minimum of 5 years of experience in the field of two-way radio communications with extensive knowledge and hands on experience with trunked systems.
• Minimum of 5 years of experience with Analog, P25, NXDN, DMR, and Smartzone two-way radio theory, system design, and support.
• Associate’s degree (AS/AA) or technical training in the areas of electronics, computers, networking, RF or equivalent work experience (OJT).
• Intermediate knowledge of RF test equipment such as Transmission Impairment Test Sets, signal generators, RF service monitors, spectrum analyzers, Site Master, and LAN testers.
• Basic Computer and Networking skills.
• Knowledge of frequency utilization, battery back-up systems, base stations, repeaters, multicouplers, duplexers, radio template development, flash upgrading, and CPS programming.
• ETA – Journeyman Wireless Communications CET Certification within 6 months of hire
• Clean driver record and valid driver’s license.
• Must be able to pass a background check and drug screen
We offer very competitive compensation packages including company vehicle and benefits such as medical, dental, life, disability, 401(k), and financial planning. Ongoing training and certification opportunities for the right candidates.