In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, JVC KENWOOD is providing recommended cleaning and disinfecting instructions for KENWOOD radios and accessories to assist with general hygiene guidelines set forth by the World Health Organization (WHO) www.who.int and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) www.cdc.gov.
1. Remove dust and dirt from surfaces using a clean, soft cloth. If additional effort is required to remove dust and dirt, a non-metallic brush may be used to loosen dirt and debris.
2. Apply a 0.5% detergent-water solution (ex: natural detergent or mild dishwashing soap) or a 70-80% disinfecting ethanol* solution to a clean, soft damp cloth and wipe down all surfaces. If using a detergent-water solution, distilled water is recommended.
3. Dry all surfaces using a soft clean cloth paying close attention to terminals and connectors.
4. Inspect the radio to make sure no cleaning solution remains trapped near connectors or inside terminal cracks or crevices.
* The majority of commercially available disinfecting ethanol is diluted to a 70-80% solution. Please check the dilution ratio before using to clean/disinfect radio or accessory surfaces.
JVCKENWOOD is unable to, and did not, determine whether any particular cleaning product is effective in removing specific foreign substances from a device, nor whether any disinfectant will remove all germs or viruses. Please consult the chemical manufacturer’s documentation for specifics on cleaning product efficacy with regards to foreign substances (such as viruses).